Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Next time, take the stairs…

Normally, Monday mornings are nothing to look forward to, but we are in Disney World! Of course we are starting to feel the strain of a Disney vacation, but that’s nothing a little pixie dust (aka coffee) couldn’t fix.

It’s day 4 and we are off to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.  The excitement builds as our bus approaches the park and the Hollywood themed music starts playing.  I will also mention how awesome Joe Hursh is.  His voice immediately puts you back on a Disney bus on your way to or from your favorite parks!  We could listen to him read the phone book and enjoy it.

Anyway…we stepped off the bus and through the gates at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

First on the list was Sunset Blvd to grab Fast Passes for either Tower of Terror or Rock’n Roller Coaster.  Because we (and everyone else in the world) love the queue for Tower of Terror, we decided to go with Rock’n Roller Coaster for the Fast Passes.

Thanks to my handy, dandy Lines app that I have on my phone, I was able to check out the wait time for Star Tours 2.0.  Seeing that it was only about 15 or so minutes, we decided to try that out until our Fast Passes rolled around.

I love all things Disney…and I’m a huge Star Wars fan…so this refreshed attraction was near the top of my list this trip.  It was fantastic!  Being a 3-D attraction makes it that much better.  There are supposedly over 50 combinations/outcomes each time you ride, so you have a good chance getting something different every time.  I loved it, and Abbie got queasy, so riding again anytime soon was out of the question.

After this we walked around Echo Lake, taking in all of the Disney details.

A trip to Disney World is never complete until you’ve eaten a giant turkey leg.  So we went ahead and checked that one off our list.  And boy was it good!

After our “savage” lunch, we walked around the corner to use our Fast Passes for Rock’n Roller Coaster.  Thank God we had those because prior to the sound studio, this has to be the worst queue in the Studios.  Anyway…we got to see the band, who were running late for a concert, but were cool enough to get us a stretch…make that a SUPER stretch…limo so we could get there in time.  I love this roller coaster, but that second corkscrew always gets me nervous because I always feel my backpack move around as we go upside down.  We made it to the concert…and I snapped this good picture of our 0-to-60 moment.

It all started with a mouse.  But, before the mouse, there was the man, Walt Disney.  We left Sunset Blvd and hopped over to see One Man’s Dream.  Being a history buff, and a Disney buff, I absolutely love stuff like this.  It’s so much fun seeing how Walt grew up, got started, and achieved his dreams.  I was also excited about seeing the changes that had taken place since our last trip (Honeymoon in August 2010) because it was closed back then for the refurb.  Anyway…loved it!

Next we decided to go over to New York City, just a short walk away.  Lucky for us, we were only a block away from San Francisco too!  One of these days we hope to come back around Christmas so we can see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights.  By the time we made it back towards New York we got to see and hear the cover band, Mulch, Sweat, and Shears.  They were fantastic and very entertaining.  I should have gotten some video of them, but the picture will have to suffice.

Anyone here scared of elevators?  I suggest you take the stairs then.  One of our favorite attractions in Disney World has to be the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.  It has one of the most detailed and eerily beautiful queues ever, and the suspense starts the moment you see it at the end of Sunset Blvd.  You see the scarred exterior first, and the closer you get, you start to hear the screams.  Once you make it to the queue you hear the old big band music that takes you out of Florida and puts you in the Hollywood hills.  I could go on and on and on, but all of you that have been here know what I am talking about (sorry Kristen).  We loved it…I tried to take a picture of our picture and it didn’t turn out. 

We’re in the “dead” center of the picture…me in my red shirt.

Of course we rode it again right after!  We’re in the bottom left corner.  I’m pretending to be dead/asleep in this one.

After this we left Hollywood Studios and went back to our resort to go over to Downtown Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment