Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day


The best way to spend your Valentine’s Day is with the one you love. Fortunately, Abbie and I have been able to spend this Valentine’s Day with each other. It’s our last one before having kids, so we wanted to really enjoy it. The downside is that the reason we’re able to spend it with each other all day is because we’re both sick…and at home. In sickness and in health…right?

We started our day off with breakfast (cereal) in bed and I did some work from bed. Then we got dressed and headed to the doctor. At least we are both sick with the same thing, so the diagnosis and prescriptions were easy. After the doctor visit, we decided to go out on a date, to Wendy’s.

Abbie got the cheeseburger and I went with ‘ol faithful…the Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Thank you again to the late, great David Kimani for telling me about this fantastic sandwich 10 years ago. Leave it to a Kenyan to get me to try a spicy fried chicken sandwich.

After eating lunch, we drove over to Costco to pick up our prescriptions. Of course while we were there we picked up a few more things…because that’s how it works at Costco. You can’t just go buy what you are planning on without buying a few other things.

The sad part about us feeling sick is that it means we can’t go out to a nice dinner for Valentine’s Day. So, I had to call Leonardo’s and cancel our reservation. Sad, I know. We are still going to have Italian food tonight though since Abbie will be cooking some pasta.

For our gifts, we went small this year because we were planning on doing a nice dinner. Plus, with all of the fixing up and renovating we have done at home, we had already spent a good bit of money on each other that way. I got Abbie some nice tulips with irises. I did tulips because those are the flowers I got Abbie on our first Valentine’s Day together…and irises because they are blue and we’re expecting a little boy in just over 9 weeks. (We’ll blog on that soon…promise.) Anyway…here is a picture of what they will look like once they open all the way.

I also got Abbie some Jalapeno flavored chips that she really likes…that are impossible to find. The only place we know of that has them is the Winn-Dixie in Cahaba Heights. Abbie got me a nice card and some really good looking sweets. She got me chocolate-dipped strawberries (which I’m sure I’ll share), chocolate-covered Oreo’s, and caramel cake petit fours. They were all amazing!

So, even though we’re both sick, we’re able to spend the day with each other and I think we’ll have a nice, restful night, which is something I’m sure we’ll be begging for once our little boy gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment