Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baptized in Christ – July 28, 2012

As Catholics, the day we got married we promised to raise our children in the Catholic faith and as a child of God. Brandon and I had already made the promise and commitment to Emerson, prior to him being born, that we would Baptism him as soon as we could. In the past and even now on occasion,infants are baptized before they even leave the home for the first time, however we were not able to do this. So we had Emerson baptized as soon as we could under our circumstances.

We had quite a morning getting everything prepared for this celebration.  Being the anal planner that I am, you know that nothing was done last minute, and when things happen last minute- I come “unglued” to say it nicely.  I had spoken to Publix on numerous occasions about a simple baptism cake – which I had ordered a week prior to the actual pick up date. “Simple” was my key word to the bakery on more than one occasion. However, after talking with the bakery over the phone two- three times the day prior to Emerson Baptism, we went to pick up a “simple” baptism cake. I looked at it, HATED IT, tried to get happy with it on the way home, brainstormed ideas on how to fix it, had a melt down, and then my wonderful step- father took it back to Publix. He meant that cake was going to be “Simple” for me and for Emerson.

I had a glass of wine at 10:30am to calm my butt down. Smile

After the whole cake ordeal, which we now had gotten for FREE, thanks to Dandy – we proceeded to get ready and then make our way to St. Patrick’s Catholic Church. Mom and I prepared a small table for snacks to be enjoyed after the Baptism and Teresa (Brandon’s Mom), Martha Ann(Brandon’s 2nd Cousin) and some friends provided and arranged two beautiful floral arrangements to either end of our table. It was “simple” but perfect!

DSC_2651    DSC_2652

DSC_2649

The FINAL cake! What was the big deal: Well, the first cake had a strong similarity to my BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING! It was white, with a big, bright, blue dotted boarder (top and bottom) and it had a very uneven bright blue cross leaning toward one side of the cake. It certainly was not my idea of simple.

Brandon, Emerson and I went into the choir room to have a bit of family time prior to his baptism. It was so nice to just be able to share in that moment together as a family. It is something I will always remember.

We had a private baptism with just family. We had asked Jeff and Kristen Belcher to be Emerson’s Godparents. There was never any question in our minds who we wanted his Godparent’s to be. They are such great friends and are both so strong in their faith.

DSC_2627

Emerson’s baptism was perfect! We love Father Vernon. He makes each sacrament so special. Emerson talked to Father throughout his entire baptism. After he was baptized Father took Emerson in front of Jesus and sang to him. Emerson LOVED it!  This day was so special. It is truly one of those days that will always stick in my memory. We felt so blessed to have so many wonderful family members be a part of such a big day for Emerson and our family.

DSC_2527 DSC_2538 DSC_2541

DSC_2529 DSC_2565

DSC_2580

 DSC_2583  DSC_2584

DSC_2592DSC_2598

DSC_2631  DSC_2635

No comments:

Post a Comment