Thursday, September 6, 2012

Peachy Family

Soon after we were cleared to take Emerson out of the house and around friends and family, best believe one of the first trips was to see our family in Georgia. I grew up so close to family my whole life, practically visiting my grandparents daily. Therefore, it was extremely important to me, that Emerson get to meet his loving family.

Taking an 8 week old on a 3 hour drive, can be difficult – or at least that is what I had been told. He did great. We left early and right after a feeding to ensure we would catch Emerson’s morning nap and prior to the next feeding.

We all gathered at my Gram and Pop Pop’s house and enjoyed family time. It was such a treat to see my Great- Grandmother hold her Great, Great, Grandson. I serious doubt many people can say that have a great, great grandmother – not to mention one strong enough to hold their great, great grandson.

IMG_3121

This one has to be one of my favorites from that day! They loved each other.

Here are some others from that special day.

My sweet cousins Anna and Kayli with Emerson. I love these two so much. It is hard to believe I was just a few years older then Anna when she was born.

IMG_3112

IMG_3102

IMG_3125

This is my Grandmama and her two sisters: my great aunts. If you have ever spent five minutes in the room with them, you can understand why we love family. They are a hoot!

IMG_3131

FIVE GENERATIONS!

I am so glad my cousin, Tomi, took such wonderful pictures! This was such a special day. One day, I hope to live closer to them again, but for now we really enjoy each moment we have, live for the weekend visits and FaceTime.

No comments:

Post a Comment