Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First 4th of JULY!!

Growing up, this had to of been one of the best and biggest holidays for my hometown. I want to say from the time I was in high school, I was in the 4th of July parade for one reason or another. Prior to that it was always fun to decorate our golf cart and drive to find our spot on the parade route. Needless to say, although we no longer live in PTC, we still celebrate the Forth of July in some big way.

This year we went to the Forth of July Festival at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church in Homewood. This is something Brandon did as a child, so it was fun to show Emerson. We enjoyed walking through trash and treasures, eating BBQ and then participating in the cake booth. The cake booth was where we found luck this year, Sandy (Dandy to Emerson) and myself won a cake. Which is funny in so many ways. There was me, who just had a baby and the last thing I needed was a cake and then Dandy who is celiac and can not eat cakes! All in all, the money went to the right place, and it was fun to win!

Most importantly Emerson got to experience his First 4th of July! These are some pictures we took after the fun of the Forth of July Festival.

DSC_0005

DSC_0030

  DSC_0058  DSC_0064

Somehow we managed not to get any of Daddy and Emerson. Sad smile I hate that, but Daddy was there, he was just the one behind the camera.DSC_0042

1 comment:

  1. Abbie I am soon glad you are updating the blog!! Makes me feel 10 times closer to you! Miss you dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete