Monday, September 10, 2012

Farewell to Second Grade

Many of you know I was a second grade teacher at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic School in Homewood. For three years, I helped young students prepare for the two biggest sacraments within their Catholic faith. It was an honor and a blessing for this Catholic convert to be given such a mighty task. I tried to embrace each blessing that was given to me and I can never express how nice it was to have prayer in my classroom. Honestly, I don’t know that I could have made it one day without having the privilege to pray with my students. That my friends, is the secret in making a classroom work. I made some life time friends in co- workers and met some awesome parents and amazing students, but when we found out we were pregnant – I knew my calling was to be a stay at home mommy.

Brandon and  I had discussed this reality prior to marriage. It was my dream job! I told Brandon I would do what I had to, whatever it was, for me to be able to stay home and raise our family. He agreed whole- heartily that this next step was just as important to him as it was for me. Thus, I made the decision to hand over my very important and mighty job to another wonderful young lady.

I am sure there will be days when I miss socializing with co- workers and being in the know of what all is going on in the community. As well as, running in to someone you know, be it a parent, co- worker, or student everywhere you go. But in my opinion, having the opportunity and privilege to stay home with our babies is the best thing in the world.

So on the last day of the school year, I stopped by the school to close up those last minute things and stay my “hello’s”, followed by “good- bye’s”. I will certainly make visits to OLS, but it will be with Emerson in tow and lunch for my second and third grade co workers.

These are the pictures we took on my last day! Brandon and I painted my room, my very first year! I loved it and thank heavens the girl who took my place loved it too!

 

DSC_0450

       DSC_0465

DSC_0483    DSC_0484

DSC_0471             DSC_0473

DSC_0505     DSC_0506

No comments:

Post a Comment