Monday, September 10, 2012

Peachy Family… Part 2

When you have a baby, most people know the first few weeks are not easy! I know there were some nights when we hardly slept at all. Looking back on it, I think Emerson was just always hungry! Honestly, with the new exception of cutting teeth, that is one of the only reasons he cries.

Most people were mindful of the rough first few weeks. Most family would call and check on us, and occasionally visit if we had an a decent amount of sleep and were feeling up to company. However, my MeMaw really seemed to understand. Each time she would call to check on me, she would tell me… she could not wait to see me and meet little Emerson. Then she would follow it by saying, “But, I am not coming to visit until you are able to rest and get in a good routine with that new little baby”. I can not tell you how thankful I was for her understanding. Don’t get me wrong, I love for family to visit as much as anyone, but those words always brought me some comfort.

On June 30, 2012 my dad and Janice (Papa Den and MiMi – to Emerson) brought my MeMaw and PawPaw over to Birmingham for a visit. MeMaw and Paw Paw are my grandparents, and Emerson’s great- grandparents! We all were looking forward to them meeting Emerson. I know my dad and Janice were anxious to see Emerson as well. The last time they had seen him was the day he was born.

Here are some of the pictures of their visit.

DSC_0830

DSC_0838

DSC_0851

DSC_0850

We all went to Full Moon for lunch. It was Emerson’s first (of many) BBQ restaurant experiences. Everyone enjoyed the family time together. We are looking forward to visiting them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment